Friday, August 16, 2013

Scrap Metal - That is my subject today. It may not be sexy but it pays cash today.

Scrap metal is maybe the best little secret of the junk removal business.

This is a pile of Aluminum scrap I took in (Notice the smaller pile closer to the camera from of the bigger pile) it came from a mobile home we took down, this was about $300 dollars. I took this with my small dump truck. (shown below) (I bought this truck cash from by largest scrap metal pick up to date, it was big and we split a large amount of money I did the work at my expense, we split the different scrap.) That's a story for later.....

By the way that is a whole tractor trailer - trailer about a 45 footer, cut up and heading for the scrap yard. You might be shocked to hear how I cut it up with an ordinary tool. This truck is more or less an over-sized heavy duty pick up truck. Came from Disney World.


 The scrap metal you encounter will be plentiful, the key is to know the basics of the scrap metal business. You don not need to be an expert do make decent money with scrap metal. Most scrap metal brings in the 10 cent range, I have been paid as low as 8 cents a pound and as much as 13.5 cents a pound. When we are working at a warehouse location a dumpster provided by the scrap yard is the best way to get the scrap to the yard.

In this picture I have I am guessing $200 or so for the scrap on this trailer. To me its really just free money its stuff we get in the normal function of our scrap and demolition business.

So just a small overview of the scrap business as it relates to the junk business.

Have a great day post what you want to know and I will do my best to help out. 

Logan and David




No comments:

Post a Comment